Saturday, October 8, 2016

We Made Rainbow Paper!

I spent most of my morning scouring the internet for something interesting to do with my two munchkins. I found this really cool experiment over at The Science Kiddo. Click the link to see her post. She makes tons of fun projects you HAVE to check it out.
So first I wanna say a big thank you to her for posting this awesome experiment. I had so much fun with my kids making this super shiny paper craft. All you need is clear nail polish, a bowl of warm water. and black paper. I used construction paper but I think she used cardstock either works fine. Then we decided to try white construction paper to see if  that would work as well.
We tried dropping the nail polish in first then the paper. We found its easier to put the paper under the water then drop in the polish and quickly pull the paper out and lay on a towel to dry. Our black paper came out really cool and colorful and bright. The white still had color however it was more pastel and a bit harder to see. Still the results were cool and we had a lot of fun trying this out.


 These are the ones we did I think our water was a bit colder than it should have been because our polish kept drying very quickly leaving the blank spots behind but over all it turned out really well. And we are definitely going to try this again! Again go check out The Science Kiddo! Thanks for stopping by and remember to hit the follow button for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment